HEALTH IS WEALTH .
Badminton is a racquet sport played using racquets to hit a shuttlecock across a net. Badminton is a fantastic full-body workout.
The rapid movements, jumps, smashes and crunches while playing badminton will help build up your muscles to make them leaner, stronger and fitter in no time. It tones the legs, calves, glutes and quads, as well as the core, back and arms.Although it may be played with larger teams, the most common forms of the game are “singles” and “doubles”.
|In singles only one person will play againt the other.||In doubles two or more than two people will play againt the other time.|
In this game person has to be good and fast to win the game.Usually people practice more in this game because you have to be fit and healthy to be fast and steady. There are some rules that are important to know:-
- At no time during the game should the player touch the net, with his racquet or his body.
- The shuttlecock should not be carried on or come to rest on the racquet.
- A player should not reach over the net to hit the shuttlecock.
- A serve must carry cross court (diagonally) to be valid.
- During the serve, a player should not touch any of the lines of the court, until the server strikes the shuttlecock.
- During the serve the shuttlecock should always be hit from below the waist.
- The most common type of fault is when a player fails to hit the shuttlecock over the net or it lands outside the boundary of the court.
- Each side can strike the shuttlecock only once before it passes over the net. Once hit, a player can’t strike the shuttlecock in a new movement or shot.
There are some boundary lines in badminton. The shuttlecock should not touch or go out of the boundary.The lines surrounding the court is called the BOUNDARY LINE. When the shuttlecock hits out of the line, the point is given to the receiver.
There are 2 types of boundary line; the serving line,and the boundary line. The point is given to the hitter if the shuttlecock lands right at the line.